Friday, March 13, 2009

Chechu Rubiera's Barlata Tapas Bar is open


Barlata Tapas Bar is open! After remodeling the location at 4901 Telegraph Avenue in the Temescal neighborhood of Oakland, California, owner/chef Daniel Olivella and his partner Team Astana rider Chechu Rubiera are ready to bring delicious tapas to the Bay Area.

The space has been transformed into a 60-seat Tapas Bar, complete with a long wood communal table. The menu consists of authentic Spanish Tapas such as pinchitos-panceta, calamari-pulpo and patata asada as well as some paellas. The atmosphere is casual and festive and reservations are not accepted. If you’re living in Oakland or San Francisco area, be sure to make an evening of visiting Barlata….you’ll come away with a unique, purely Spanish experience. The wine list features Spanish wines that will pair perfectly with Olivella’s Tapas creations.

Regarding his involvement in Barlata, located very far from his home in Asturias, Chechu said, “I call Daniel often because I’m really excited about the restaurant. Last winter I was here helping him as much as I could and I hope next winter to come back again, perhaps even work somewhere in the restaurant. I’m excited about this project and doing good Spanish foods. And I love San Francisco. Asturias is my heart but if I ever had to move from Asturias and could live anywhere I wanted, it would be San Francisco.” Look for an indepth interview with Daniel coming soon!

The restaurant is located at 4901 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland, California and the hours are Monday to Sunday, 5pm to 1pm, telephone 510.450.0678. First come, first served.

No comments: