Monday, January 7, 2008

Cameron Brown Kicks Off The 2008 Season


Hi there everyone,

Well I had a pretty good day at the office today. Having only 6 weeks of training under my belt to prepare for this event, (after my annual extended break after the Hawaii Ironman) I was really pleased with the progress I had made to date. I came up a little short placing 2nd to a well deserved winner Keiran Doe, who put in a great bike leg to hold me off by 1m52s in the end.

I had a poor swim by my standards, finishing close to 2mins down on the leading bunch. Doe then set a cracking pace on the bike and I could only watch the minutes pass as he stretched his lead to nearly 8mins. I started the run in 5th place and immediatly tried to start limiting my loses. Mid way through the half marathon the lead to Doe was down to 5:30mins, I had pegged back a place and was now in 4th place. I picked up the tempo again, running into 2nd, but eventually ran out of road, however I felt really great and the legs were ticking along smoothly.

I'm happy with the way my training is coming together and things look on target for a great 2008. New Zealand Ironman is only 8 weeks away, so it will be head down bum up till then, a heap of kms in the pool, on the road and tracks and trails,not to mention an abundance of food and sleep to recover.

I'll be in touch soon, best regards

Cameron Brown

No comments: